What is engine flush?
What is engine flush?
There are two main ways to clean the engine on the market: one is to use an engine flush machine, and the other is to directly use engine cleaning oil. The common point of the two is that they are for cleaning; the difference is that one is a machine operation and the other is a manual operation.
What is cleaning oil? The cleaning oil uses cleaning essential oil as a solvent, which has a powerful cleaning effect. The cleaning oil can quickly decompose, remove various gums, stubborn dirt, carbon deposits and oxidized deposits inside the engine, ensure good lubrication, reduce frictional resistance, restore and improve the power of the car.
Restore the elasticity of various sealing rubber rings and rubber pads inside the engine to enhance sealing performance. A protective film is formed inside the engine to reduce fuel consumption and engine wear and extend engine oil and engine life.
Engine lubrication system mainly relies on engine oil for lubrication. As we all know, in addition to the function of lubricating oil, it also has the functions of heat dissipation, sealing and cleaning. However, due to the influence of high temperature, oxidation, and oil quality, its performance gradually decreases, and it is difficult to have the initial protection function (so it is necessary to change the oil frequently to maintain its good performance).
Once the performance of the oil decreases, the engine cannot be effectively protected. Carbon deposits, abrasion, corrosion, etc. will cause a certain degree of damage to the engine. The engine is the heart of the car, and once the entire car is damaged, its function will decrease at the same time.
How do sludge and carbon deposits occur?
Causes of sludge: With the development of the economy, the number of cars is increasing, and the presence of traffic lights has led to road traffic congestion. The car has been running at a low speed for a long time. At this time, the temperature of the crankcase is low, and the fuel injection amount of the engine at low speed is high.
Part of the fuel that has not been completely burned enters the crankcase, resulting in low-temperature sludge. Now the engine of the car is equipped with a crankcase ventilation valve. When the low-temperature sludge blocks it, the exhaust gas and water vapor inside the crankcase cannot be discharged in time. After a series of chemical reactions, the sludge is produced and a vicious cycle is generated.
Causes of carbon deposits: The engine runs for a long time at idle speed, frequent starts, and the quality of gasoline will increase the generation of carbon deposits. Gasoline is produced by refining crude oil and itself contains gum. When the car is running, the internal combustion of the engine occurs.
Due to the high combustion temperature and the short residence time of the gasoline mixture, a part of the gasified and incompletely burned materials will accumulate in the injector, piston, intake valve, spark plug, and combustion chamber.
Effective engine flushing makes your car look like new
1. Improve fuel efficiency
The sludge and carbon deposits inside the car will decompose the oil to a large extent and increase the viscosity of the oil. Especially when the carbon deposit in the valve is serious, the fuel injected by the fuel injection nozzle cannot fully participate in the combustion, resulting in a waste of fuel. Engine flushing helps ensure the efficient operation of automotive interior parts and improves fuel economy.
2. Reduce air pollution
The presence of a large number of carbon deposits will cause the piston rings to be stuck and the combustion of the oil will be transferred to the combustion chamber. Not only will carbon deposits accumulate in the combustion chamber, but it will also increase exhaust emissions. Cleaning the engine can reduce harmful gas emissions.
3.Extended service life
Effective cleaning can remove oil deposits in the engine. Promote the efficient operation of the engine, and at the same time, the protective performance of the oil can be retained for a long time.
If the carbon deposit in the lubrication system is not cleaned in time, it will cause various failures, such as: blocking the lubricating oil passage, causing dry friction of the engine, contamination of new oil, reducing the performance of new oil, corroding metals, and reducing engine sealing, reduce cylinder pressure, increase engine loss and other failures.
A friend from Saudi Arabia said that because they are located in a desert area, the sand is very fine, and it is particularly easy to enter the interior of the car lubrication system, causing wear to the engine, so the vehicle needs frequent engine flushing services.
With a bottle of cleaning oil, you can also easily clean the lubrication system:
1. Open the hood and clean the dust near the engine oil cover
2. Unscrew the oil cap and pour it in the cleansing oil. Select the same viscosity and good quality engine oil to match the engine.
3. Tighten the oil cap and close the hood. Should drive a certain distance or run at idle for a while, the purpose is to make the lubricant circulate evenly inside the engine. If the vehicle is left standing for too long, sludge magazines inside the engine will deposit on the bottom. It cannot be taken out when draining oil, resulting in contamination when new oil is added.
4. After the vehicle has been standing for ten minutes (to avoid high-temperature burns), remove the oil drain bolt and put all the oil into a container prepared in advance (the oil is hot, be careful not to burn yourself). After completion, do not close the oil drain immediately. Wait for some time to ensure that the residual oil in the engine completely flows out
5. Observe the state of the oil flowing out. If there is an odor, a very sticky or layered phenomenon, the oil change interval should be shortened. If there is a strong fuel odor, it means that the combustion chamber of the engine is not well sealed, and maintenance is recommended.
6. Close the oil drain bolt and clean or replace the oil filter
7. Open the oil filling port to add new oil and fill it up to the upper limit of the oil dipstick. Choose the right oil for your vehicle needs
8. Close the fuel injection port, start the engine, and idle for a few minutes
9. Check the dipstick, replenish the oil properly to the upper limit of the dipstick, and close the oil filling port. End oil change
For vehicles with long service life, a long oil replacement cycle and a lot of pollutants inside the engine. Simply changing the oil is not enough to purify the interior of the engine. If you want to keep the interior of the engine clean and reduce friction and wear, you can choose two methods:
1. Shorten the oil change interval, especially in the first oil change interval. The replacement method is the same as above. Each subsequent oil change interval is appropriately extended to gradually meet the requirements of the vehicle manufacturer. This method cleans the engine lubricating system by using detergency and dispersing additives in engine oil.
Due to the dirty interior of the engine, the decontamination agent of the new oil is consumed faster, so the oil change cycle is shortened. In the subsequent oil change cycle, the oil change cycle is gradually extended. This method has a good effect on cleaning the engine. The disadvantage is that the oil change interval is shortened a lot. It is necessary to fill in new oil and change the filter every time, which increases the cost and time of oil change.
2. Use a special engine cleaning oil product. The special engine cleaning oil is a kind of lubricating oil specially developed for the internal cleaning of the engine. The cleaning and oil change are completed at one time and are easy to use.
Comprehensive maintenance of the lubricating system not only helps to increase its lubricity, high-temperature viscosity, oxidation resistance, and extreme pressure protection but also greatly reduces cold-start wear of the engine. At the same time, it can effectively remove the carbon deposits and sludge accumulated in various lubricating parts, restore your engine's horsepower, save fuel, effectively improve the working efficiency of the engine, and bring you the best economic benefits.Navigation